UpSkill ME ("us","we", or "our") is owned and operated by Stream On Demand Limited. We operate www.upskillme.uk and www.upskillme.online (hereinafter referred to as the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
• Service is www.upskillme.uk and www.upskillme.online operated by Stream On Demand
• Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
• Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
• Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
• Data Processors (or Service Providers) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
• Data Subject (or User) is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
• Email address
• First name and last name
• Phone number
• Employer / Union Membership
• Address, County, Postal code, City
• Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
• Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
• Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
• Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
UpSkill ME use the collected data for various purposes:
• To provide and maintain our Service
• To notify you about changes to our Service
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
• To provide customer support
• To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
• To monitor the usage of our Service
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
UpSkill ME may process your Personal Data because:
• We need to perform a contract with you
• You have given us permission to do so
• The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
• To comply with the law
Retention of Data
UpSkill ME will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
If you are located outside United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United Kingdom and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
UpSkill ME may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
• To comply with a legal obligation
• To protect and defend the rights or property of UpSkill ME
• To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
• To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
• To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. UpSkill ME aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. If you are enrolled on a course with UpSkill ME, Stream On Demand or NA College, your personal information will be required until you at least finish your course.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
• The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
• The right of rectification: You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
• The right to object: You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
• The right of restriction: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
• The right to data portability: You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a
structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
• The right to withdraw consent: You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where UpSkill ME relied on your consent to process your personal information. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
• By email: email@example.com
• By phone: 0191 466 1450
• By post: FAO Web Administrator, Stream On Demand, Quay West Business Village, Sunderland, SR5 2AQ
ESFA Privacy Notice
NA College obtain funding for courses from the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). We are required to show you this privacy notice also.
How we use your personal information
Personal information is collected by the ESFA in accordance with the terms and conditions of funding imposed on providers of learning, for example, further education colleges and private training organisations.
Your details will be kept in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016 and its principles.
This privacy notice is issued by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), on behalf of the Secretary of State for the Department of Education (DfE). It is to inform learners how their personal information will be used by the DfE, the ESFA (an executive agency of the DfE) and any successor bodies to these organisations. For the purposes of relevant data protection legislation, the DfE is the data controller for personal data processed by the ESFA.
Your personal information is used by the DfE to exercise its functions and to meet its statutory responsibilities, including under the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009 and to create and maintain a unique learner number (ULN) and a personal learning record (PLR).
For more information about how the ESFA may use your details, please visit
For more information about the ULN and the PLR refer to the Extended Privacy Notice available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/learning-records-service-the-plr-for-learners-and-parents
To view the LRS Privacy Notice, please visit
Your information will be securely destroyed after it is no longer required for these purposes. Your information may be shared with third parties for education, training, employment and well-being related purposes, including for research. This will only take place where the law allows it and the sharing is in compliance with data protection legislation.
The English European Social Fund (ESF) Managing Authority (or agents acting on its behalf) may contact you in order for them to carry out research and evaluation to inform the effectiveness of training.
Thank you for taking the time to read this policy.